New Ground
In January 11, The Athletics have agreed to a one-year contract with right-hander Shintaro Fujinami, according to ESPN's Jeff passan. He was posted by the Hanshin Tigers of Nippon Professional Baseball on December 1 last year. He was the same class as Shohei Ohtani and stepping from high school ball into the Tigers' rotation and pitching to a 2.75 ERA in 137 2/3 innings as a 19-year old rookie starter. After the rookie season, he kept up the great performance for 3 seasons. As a result, he bacame a young ace of the Tigers. However, he struggled from 2017 to 2021 season due to control issue. Although, the 2022 season, he made 10 starts and six appearances with Tigers, pitching to a 3.38 ERA in 66 2/3 innings. In addition, his walk rate turned 7.6%, which was the first time since 2016 he is posted a walk rate under 10%. A lot of japanese baseball fans expect that he will not be active in MLB, however I think that "how many starters can pitch over 100 mph fastball and split in MLB?". I only know such players Shohei Ohtani(LAA) and Kodai Senga(NYM), so I hope for his potential. The Oakland Athletics is a team of reonstruction period and have lack of the rotation, so he will be able to geta lot of his pirch opportunities. I am looking forward to his hard-pitching in Oakland.
コメント
コメントを投稿