Big Contract

 Today, MLB got excited about a topic. Texas Rangers signed ace right-hander Jacob deGrom to a five-year free-agent contract. The deal will pay deGrom $185 million. deGrom, 34, is one of the greatest pitchers of his generation, a two-time National League Cy Young Award winner when he played for the New York Mets. I would like to expess my feelings about this contract. I thought that Rangers really wanted an elete starting pitcher. This season, Rangers ended 4th in AL west. As one of the causes, starting pitchers' ERA is 4.63(25th in MLB). So, for the Rangers who want to compete from next season onwards, deGrom must have been wanted as an ace pitcher. This strong feeling was read from the term of this contract. In fact, deGrom has not pitched a full Major League season since 2019 because of repeated injuries. In addition, next season is his age-35 season. So, his performance may be down or he may not be able to pitch throughout the season due to injuries. Nevertheless, Rangers decided to sign deGrom to a five-year contract because Rengers expects deGrom to show his true potential the whole season. Actually, I think that there is no change in the fact that deGrom is one of the greatest pitchers on the earth. I am looking forward to watching his pitching for the Rangers(Go easy on the Mariners).

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

My introduction

My weekend