What happened?
Last week, I wrote a blog about the transfer which San Francisco Giants signed Carlos Correa. However, a few hours before press conferance begins, the interview were postponed because the giants found a problem of his body by medical check. In addition, a few hours after the announcement, Correa has agreed to join the New York Mets for a 12-year, $315MM contract and the deal of the Giants fell through, according to Jon Heyman, a reporter of New York Post. According to some articles, the Giants tried to continue to negotiate with him after the detection of his physical problem, but Scott Boras, who is an agent of Correa, didn't listen to it. Then, Boras has already communicated with Steven Cohen, who is an owner of New York Mets, about acquiring Correa. Cohen decided to acuire him when he heard the news from Boras. As a result, this mega deal occured. I was shocked when I saw the news on Twitter, however I have one good thing about it. This thing is that Francisco Lindor and Carlos Correa will become teammetes. They were teammates of Puerto Rico national team and allies. In fact, before Correa agreed to Giants, Lindor asked Cohen to acquire Correa in order to play with him. I am glad that the hope of Lindor is going to come true. Perhaps, Correa will play as a third baseman because Lindor will play shortstop. Anyway, I am looking forward to watching them next season.
コメント
コメントを投稿